_ _ _ _ _ _
Oakland voters approved Measure D on June 5, 2018.
In order to maintain, protect and improve library services throughout Oakland, the City Council and library advocates placed Measure D, a parcel tax, on the June 2018 ballot. Friends of the Oakland Public Library newsletter articles published in the January 2018, April and July 2018 editions. http://fopl.org/newsletter/
Join other advocates at the OPL Advocates Facebook page.
Alameda County Registrar of Voters – June 5, 2018 Election. Scroll down to “Measures” and select “City of Oakland Measure”
Our past advocacy efforts have won
- Expanded library hours
- Increased book budgets
- The hiring of children’s librarians
- After-school youth programs
- Retrofitting of the Golden Gate, Temescal and Melrose branches
- Funds to help renovate and re-open the Greene Library for the African American Museum and Library in downtown Oakland
- Successful passages of three funding measures by Oakland voters (1994, 1996 and 2004)
Advocacy resources and information