2018 Advocacy Information
Measure D is on the June 5, 2018 ballot!
In order to maintain, protect and improve library services throughout Oakland, the City Council and library advocates have placed Measure D, a parcel tax, on the June 2018 ballot. Read more and learn how you can donate and volunteer at https://www.protectoaklandlibraries.org/.
Oakland Public Library information flyer.
Friends of the Oakland Public Library newsletter articles published in the January 2018 and April 2018 editions. http://fopl.org/newsletter/
Join other advocates at the OPL Advocates Facebook page.
East Bay Times articles:
“Oakland library parcel tax to be on primary ballot”
“Oakland considers library parcel tax measure” 1/15/18
Alameda County Registrar of Voters – June 5, 2018 Election. Scroll down to “Measures” and select “City of Oakland Measure”
Our past advocacy efforts have won
- Expanded library hours
- Increased book budgets
- The hiring of children’s librarians
- After-school youth programs
- Retrofitting of the Golden Gate, Temescal and Melrose branches
- Funds to help renovate and re-open the Greene Library for the African American Museum and Library in downtown Oakland
- Successful passages of three funding measures by Oakland voters (1994, 1996 and 2004)
Advocacy resources and information