The Bookmark Bookstore Needs Books!
Is your home over-flowing with treasured books? If so, help is on the way. The Bookmark Bookstore accepts donated books which help raise funds for the Oakland Public Library. Books that raise $$$ for the library include:
- Rare books, brand new books, signed books, special books
- Lesser-condition books that are collectible, clean, uncommon, un-marked, whole & complete
- Hardcovers, large softcovers, DVDs, and CDs
There are many books which don’t sell, including mass-market pocket books, soiled current/recent books, encyclopedia sets, and others. For large donations, a volunteer from the Bookmark Bookstore will come to you! Call 510.444.0473 for more information.
You can donate money directly to the Friends of the Oakland Public Library to support special programs and projects that enhance library services to the residents of Oakland, Piedmont, and Emeryville. You can also ask your employer about matching gifts. We welcome tribute gifts – donations in honor of a loved one or on special occasions. You will receive a written acknowledgment of your gift.
To make your tax-deductible donation to the Friends, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization:
Donate Your Vehicle
Volunteers of America Bay Area will sell your vehicle with a portion of the proceeds going to the Friends of the Oakland Public Library. Your donation is tax-deductible. Call the Volunteers of America Bay Area at 510-473-0500 and be sure to say that your gift is for the Friends of the Oakland Public Library. When notified, we will send a written acknowledgment of your gift.
Bequests and Other Planned Gifts
To make a gift through your will or living trust, specify “The Friends of the Oakland Public Library, tax identification number 94-2553734, located in Oakland, California.”
Naming the Friends as a beneficiary or contingent beneficiary of your retirement plan assets may be advantageous from a tax-planning perspective. Consult your tax advisor for more information.
Alternative Gift Ideas
Looking for something different? Here are two gift ideas for family, friends and employees.
- Gift memberships for one year – FOPL membership benefits include a 20% discount at the Bookmark Bookstore, a subscription to FOPL’s newsletter, Off the Shelf, with news and information about the Friends and the Oakland Public Library, and members-only preview days during the Bookmark Bookstore’s biannual sale events.
- Donation in honor of someone special – FOPL will notify the recipient(s) of a donation in their honor and publish their name, along with your name, in a future edition of Off the Shelf.
Click here to use your credit card. Be sure to indicate “membership” or “in honor of” in the designated space. You may send additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please contact: