Donate to FOPL!
Donate to the Friends of the Oakland Public Library today to support special programs and projects that enhance library services to the residents of Oakland, Piedmont, and Emeryville. Donations are tax-deductible.
- Choose one-time or recurring (e.g. monthly or annual) giving options.
- Please note: if you check the option for “Anonymous” under Privacy Preferences, Network for Good will not share your name with us and we won’t be able to thank you.
- We welcome tribute gifts – donations in honor of a loved one or on special occasions. We will list your gift in our newsletter “Giving” column.
- Please ask your employer about matching gifts.
- You will receive a written acknowledgement of your gift.
If you have questions about membership or donations, please contact Winifred Walters, Membership Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at the Bookmark Bookstore, (510) 444-0473.
Bequests and other planned gifts
To make a gift through your will or living trust, specify “The Friends of the Oakland Public Library, tax identification number 94-2553734, located in Oakland, California.”
Naming the Friends as a beneficiary or contingent beneficiary of your retirement plan assets may be advantageous from a tax-planning perspective. Consult your tax advisor for more information.
If you have questions about planned giving, or wish to request a copy of the brochure, please contact:
Sara DuBois, Coordinator of Grants and Volunteers, Oakland Public Library
Shop online at Amazon Smile
Shop online at smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases when you select Friends of the Oakland Public Library. To learn more about the program, visit the About Amazon Smile page.
The Friends’ Bookmark Bookstore sells gently-used books at the Bookmark Bookstore — call (510) 444-0473 for current information.